Product Import Template
The Product Import Template allows you to quickly modify, add, or create new items for your establishment in an excel sheet without having to manually create them one by one in the backend management console.
Please note: If you have an existing product catalog and you would like to modify them in an excel sheet, your existing products must have either have a SKU or barcode # associated with before exporting and modifying in excel. You can do this by going into the properties of each product (the box with 3 white lines) and entering the SKU/Barcode there. Or you can auto-generate SKUs/barcodes for all your products. Click here for instructions.
These will be instructions for brand new establishments
1. Log in to your backend management console
2. Go to Products -> Import/Export
3. Select Empty Template and add in optional/additional fields as required. Click export to download your spreadsheet template.
4. Fill in the appropriate fields for your product such as class, category, subcategory, and name.
- If the class, category, or subcategory doesn’t exist yet, it will be created once imported
5. Create a random SKU(must be 5 digits) or barcode for your product. If you are retail, please input your product’s actual barcode here.
- if you plan on using zeroes “0” in front of your barcode, ensure you have set your Excel Numbers from “General” to “Text” for the barcode or SKU columns. If you don’t, Excel will change “000001” to “1” or “1200” to “12”. This is important for Retail sellers using barcode scanners where products’ barcode can start or end with 0’s.
6. Fill Yes or No for these required fields. All other fields are optional
- Sold By Weight
- Price Embedded
- Hot or Cold (instead of Yes or No, put Hot or Cold)
- Allow Price Override
- Happy Hour
- Crv Enabled
- Display of Kiosk
- Is Drink
- Disable Modifier Popup
- Ebt No
7. Once finished, save your excel file
8. Go to Products -> Import/Export -> Browse -> Select your excel file -> Upload
9. An email update will send to email set up for your login (or you can manually enter another email in the box provided)
10. If successful, your email will show you all successful changes, modifications, or if it added/created new items. If not successful, it will show you an error message of what needs to be changed (i.e missing field).